Tuesday, November 11, 2003


Karaoke!

On Saturday night, I went out with some Japanese friends that I met in England called Shiggy and Yui. We went out in Shinjuku and I had a really good time. First of all we went to an izaka-ya, which is like a pub that serves food. When I got there I thought I would have to sit on the floor, as the table was very low to the ground. Fortunately though there was a hole in the ground(hori gotatzu) for me to put my legs in.

Going to the toilet was a bit of a gamble, as the name was written on the door in Kanji. Unfortunately I gambled wrongly, as I later found out that the ladies is often further away(as the don't want to see men). There was a very nice rockery in the toilet though, which made the whole experience far more pleasurable than usual.

When I went later, a very kind waitress made sure I didn't make the same mistake again.

Afterwards we went out to karaoke. This was my second fix of karaoke in a week and I'm beginning to get addicted. I managed to increase my current repertoire by singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, 'Close to You' by the Carpenters and 'Y.M.C.A.' by the Village People.

So all in all, a great night. You can check out the photos
here.

0 comments: