Monday, February 16, 2004

Today I went To Sumida City Hall and I was interviewed for the local TV channel by my friend Ken, who works for the local government.

You can check out the website for the district I live in
here.

The interview was about cultural exchange and how Sumida is viewed through the eyes of foreign people. I got to talk about what I like about Sumida and how it is different to other places. A Chinese woman was interviewed as well and she talked about how she helps foreign people intergrate into Japanese life and how she helps organise cultural exchange.

It's on Channel 9 this Sunday.

The interview went really well and I think I may yet still become famous. Ideally I'd like my own show.

This isn't the first time I've been on TV in foreign climes though.

When I was in Thailand I went to a Robbie Williams concert and afterwards I was interviewed about it by a local cable channel. The only reason I probably managed to get on Thai TV though was by telling a slight lie about how I'd been at school with Robbie and what great mates we still were because money hadn't changed him.

0 comments: