Saturday, March 04, 2006

Unbelievably, I'm finally packed and ready to go. I've had a wonderful time in South Korea and it has been better in more ways than I could have ever imagined.

From the delights of traditional Korean cuisine in Jeonju, to the last remnants of the Cold War in the Demilitarised Zone, South Korea has proved to be a remarkably fascinating country that I have enjoyed enormously.

As always when travelling it wasn't just the places I visited, but the people I met along the way that made it all so special. Over the past few weeks it seems as if I have been endlessly saying goodbye to people and nearly every night has been a leaving party.

Only now, just before I catch my coach to the airport, does it feel as if it is beginning to sink in.

When travelling, bidding adieu to everyone you have met is always tinged with sadness, especially when you know that you might not see them again.

As I get older it unfortunately doesn't seem to get any easier.

I'm returning to Britain for a short time to teach and hopefully in a few months time I'll be on my way around the world once again.

You can all of the photos here.

0 comments: